Finished!! In my last blog post I said it was ready for some transfers. Well my first transfer did not go as I had hoped. It was to red and faded to much so I repainted the area for the bird and made the background more towards yellow. I also decided less is more and just transfered the music. Glad I did because more would have been to much and busy.
Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feeling when creating and not let what doesn't work out bother you. As an artist I believe we know when something is working or not.
My dear husband built the base for me and I was able to paint it to match the violin. I also added some of the same type of scroll work on the top of the base. I am so glad it is finally done. The violin will be on display this summer in the community and the auction is in September. It will be interesting to see peoples reactions to all the instruments this summer.
Here are a couple of close ups of the front and back.
Now to move on to the next project.
The Studio News will keep you up to date on New Art, Giclee Prints, Exhibitions, Shows and the occasional Special offers.
The Studio Blog will share the creative process, some tutorials, what inspires me and great conversations between us.
Follow by email
Sign up for my Blog and/or Studio News by checking the appropriate box below.